On Monday night, the Rockets host the Miami Heat at Toyota Center. Listen to all of the action on your home for Rockets basketball, SportsTalk790!
- Miami is the only team Houston has not yet played this season… the final meeting between the Rockets and Heat will be in Miami on 2/7.
- The Heat’s win on 2/15/17 snapped a four-game losing streak at Toyota Center.
- James Harden averaged 39.0 points, 12.0 rebounds, and 11.0 assists in the two games vs. Miami last season.
- Ryan Anderson had 17 points while shooting 5-of-10 from 3-point range in his only game played against the Heat last season on 2/15/17.
- For the Rockets, Markel Brown (Transferred to G League) and Zhou Qi (Right Elbow Injury) are out.
- For the Heat, Goran Dragic (Left Knee Bruise), A.J. Hammons (Assigned to G League), Tyler Johnson (Left Ankle Sprain), Rodney McGruder (Left Tibia Surgery), Dion Waiters (Left Ankle Sprain), and Okaro White (Left Foot Surgery) are out.
Rockets News & Notes:
- With the win vs. Golden State on Saturday, Houston improved to 17-0 when Clint Capela, James Harden, and Chris Paul play together… the Rockets are outscoring opponents by an average of 15.1 points in those games.
- The Rockets have outrebounded their opponent in seven of the past nine games and are 24-5 when doing so overall this season… Houston is outrebounding opponents by 4.8 per game in wins compared to being outrebounded by 0.9 rpg in losses.
- Over the past two games, Luc Mbah a Moute is averaging 14.0 points on 60.0% shooting… the Rockets are 8-1 when he scores 10+ points this season… Mbah a Moute hit a career-high 4 3-pointers vs. Minnesota on 1/18 and is shooting 39.2% from behind-the-arc this season.
- Ryan Anderson had 13 rebounds vs. Golden State on 1/20, marking his highest total as a Rocket… he has grabbed 10+ boards five times this season after doing so twice in 2016-17… Anderson is second on the team with 72 offensive rebounds this season.
- Tonight’s First Shot will be taken by Whitney Mercilus, linebacker for the Houston Texans… he will attempt to make a free throw to earn $5,000 for charity… if Mercilus misses the shot, owner Tilman J. Fertitta and the Rockets will still donate $1,000 as part of the team’s commitment to give back to the community.